Monday, August 13, 2007

Sometimes I Get So Nervous

This is a song I wrote when I was just 19. Some 17 years ago. Back when I was still pessimistic about everything. I even claimed the "Mister Pessimister" of TFF as my own.

Sometimes I Get So Nervous

sometimes i get so nervous

on my way to the town circus

thinkin' by myself would the clowns show up

or are they tired already

sometimes it gets so scary

as i plan on climbin' the cherry

worryin' would the cherry fall

hit my head to the wall

is my tree so tall

or is it too small

does it look like a tree to thee

it doesn't to me...

sometimes i ask myself

would there be someone to watch over me

would someone listen as i sing this song

without thinking i just jumbled the words and this doesn't mean a thing

sometimes i ask is there someone out there

except god ...

sometimes i get so crazy

and i write a song about me

a song that many won't understand

as a clap of one hand

as a guitar buried in the sand

a song that goes.... on and on...

I wrote a song "Are You Out There?" - a song intended for God. Thing is, after a month or two, a strong earthquake happened. That was July 16, 1990. And I was in UST then. As I look above the Main of "my UST"... I saw the cross shaking....and it looked like a message or a vision. So the lyrics..."is there someone out there...except god.." is like a resignation that. Ok, he is there. But aside from him...?

No comments: